Young Investigator Award
The Society for the Neural Control of Movement is pleased to announce the call for nominations for the Young Investigator Award for the 2018 year. The purpose of the awards is to recognize outstanding contributions by scientists early in their careers that have significantly advanced our understanding of the neural control of movement. The awardee is named by the Board, and will have the opportunity to present the Young Investigator Lecture at the NCM Annual Meeting. The award consists of economy class travel to the meeting, accommodation at the conference hotel, complimentary conference registration, an engraved plaque and a $500 award presented at the NCM Annual Meeting.
For the 2018 award, the nominee MUST be:
- Working in any area of neural control of movement (broadly defined).
- No more than 10 years from the receipt of their doctoral degree as of January 1, 2018.*
- A current member of NCM.
- Nominated by another individual (no self nominations will be accepted).*An extension of the 10-year limit of up to two years will be given to applicants who have been granted an institutionally approved childbearing or parental leave. Similarly, the residency and clinical internship years during medical or Clinical Psychology training will not be counted against the 10 year limit. In these circumstances, documentation from the appropriate department head or institutional official will be required with the application in order for eligibility to be determined.
The submission deadline for this award is November 30, 2017.
The following materials are required for nomination:
- Nominee’s CV, including their contact information.
- A short statement of the nominee’s research program (max 600 words).
- Two publications representative of the nominee’s work.
- Nomination statement from the nominator.
- Contact information for a second reference.
How to Apply
The nominator should send all documents as a single pdf to Michelle at Podium Conference Services
Any questions regarding the NCM Young Investigator Award can be directed to Kathleen Cullen